Reports to: Head of Programme
Start Date: Ideally August 2020
Location: London with the ability to travel as needed (remote working at present due to Covid-19)
Salary: From £30 – 35k depending on experience and qualifications (+11% employer pension contribution)
About Now Teach
Now Teach attracts and recruits experienced professionals into teaching. We support Now Teachers through their initial teacher training and further into their careers to enhance the value they bring to the classroom, schools, the education system and the wider world.
Our funding from the Department for Education and philanthropic sources allows us to make an impact at a time when money in the profession is tight. We have expanded beyond London and the South East to recruit and support trainees in West Midlands and East Anglia, and we are continuing to establish ourselves as a significant player in the sector. We are an ambitious, young organisation that is working towards a day when it is commonplace to have career changers with valuable alternative career experience become and remain as teachers.
We work alongside training providers and schools and have built a strong offering for our 200+ Now Teachers – they become part of a professional network of likeminded individuals and access a range of other support initiatives across their teacher training year and beyond.
The Network and Support programme compliments Initial Teacher training and the support that schools and universities provide. We help career changers prepare for schools and adapt to their new career.
We are looking for someone who…
- Is highly motivated to support people to make teaching their next career and remain in teaching
- Understands the importance of and highly skilled at, building and maintaining relationships with trainees, supporters, schools and training providers
- Describes themselves as a self-starter with great attention to detail i.e. seek out opportunities to enhance their own knowledge and the programme offer
- Drives to see work through to completion
- Would love the opportunity to work with our marketing team to develop our online programme presence
- Can facilitate a range of support and events for our cohort members
- Are inspiring, authentic and confident facilitator
NB: Now Teach do not undertake the teacher training of our teachers.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have exceptional relationship building skills, including coaching
- Be committed to the aims of Now Teach and seek out opportunities to develop the Now Teach offer
- Be able to work on their own initiative and multitask to carry out a wide range of activities
- Have experience of designing and implementing high quality support programmes
- Have experience of event management
- Be an excellent communicator and collaborator with stakeholder management experience
- Support and develop our digital platforms
- Consider opportunities for supporting our Alumni
- Be open to learning and understanding how Initial Teacher Training works
The fit to our culture is paramount. We are:
- Enthusiastic about our purpose and hugely committed to making a difference
- Authentic with people, honest, enjoy building/maintaining strong relationships
- Adaptable, enjoy taking responsibility for producing great work, creating and driving through to see results
- Friendly effective collaborators balancing personal priorities with those of our colleagues
Catch a glimpse of what it is like to work for us https://www.instagram.com/lifeatnowteach/
Full time role, flexible working patterns possible. Now Teach staff are currently working from home due to Covid-19 and will be until at least September 2020. Some London office based regular scheduled days will likely be required in future. Some evenings event hosting will be required on occasion (likely monthly).
Sound like you? Please apply before 17th July 2020
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why this role fits. Interviews will happen on a rolling basis, so early applications are strongly encouraged.